Saturday, August 22, 2009

Really? ALL and sundry? Really?

Hello, blogosphere! These are my thoughts. Thoughts, blogosphere. Blogosphere, thoughts. As my blog title suggests, this will be my spot for wide ranging thoughts, though lately I am predictably thinking about motherhood, politics, and spirituality. (Well, and it goes without saying, Carolina basketball.) All of which are, of course, intertwined.

Motherhood

I am four months in! What a crazy crazy thing. Usually my thoughts about motherhood are better described as bursts of random observation: what a cute kid I have! What an incredible father my husband is. What have we done? Look what we’ve done! When will I sleep? I had no idea he’d be so soft. I had no idea how singing to him would make me feel. And then from time to time I’ll have a longer, coherent idea.

Politics

My husband thinks I need a soapbox and outlet for my rage! He mistakenly believes that when I am voicing an opinion *sotto voce* at home that I am upset with him. Not true (necessarily). Often I am JUST UPSET and someone needs to know. Now I can tell my blog and punch my pillow.


Spirituality

I certainly wouldn’t want to use the “R” word, and even “spirituality” sounds a little formal for my daily thoughts on the meaning of life. Spirituality for me here will probably include a few thoughts on religion(s) and holy books, especially when I have gotten to chew on something really interesting or challenging with my brilliant and newly ordained priest-sister. But I also savor more unconventional brushes with divine, like when every year (every year!!) in the Spring I am astonished by leaves. How big they are, and how many there are, and how they completely cover the trees.


So that gives you a little more context for what “all and sundry” will be. Here I go – this should be fun

No comments:

Post a Comment